Thursday, October 14, 2010

Bathroom Revamp

Dynasty Celadon
This weekend M. and I decided to each take on revamping one of the bathrooms in the house. He aptly chose the small master bath and I took the hall bath that also doubles as our laundry room. Months ago I had painted the room Pensive Sky by Behr, and the whole room came out looking baby blue not the subtle grey that I had wanted. This time I opted for Dynasty Celdon by Behr, a subtle green with a hint of grey and blue. I love the new color. M. tried something close to 7 different shades of off white and brown before deciding he didn't like the idea of painting a bathroom brown, oh well, and on a whim bought a gallon of Off White also by Behr, yes that is the name of the color. Well the master came out looking an awful lot like Pensive Sky so he'll be repainting it.

We had to remove the mirrors that had been GLUED to the walls, the master bath mirror came off in a nice 3 pieces. the hall bath mirror had so much glue attaching it to the wall that we had to literally chisle it off the wall in about a million pieces and shards, NOT FUN. Also not fun was realizing that much of the wall as either damaged or just plain removed in the process. While M. painted his easy small bathroom I took a picture of the mess and went to the local hardware/paint store, showed the nice old man working there the wall and left with a container of jointing compound and a spackle knife. I have now fixed the wall and feel very proud of myself for matching the texturing pretty closely and tonight will finish with my last coat of paint. Yay. This was way more that a weekend job.

I should still have about $250 to play around with for finishing off the bathroom. On my list and a few of these item may have to be birthday presents are:
Installing a tabletop over the washer and dryer
Replacing the mirror with one that does not glue to the wall, Ikea should do the trick
New hardware, I love rejuvination.com especially the Chandler porcelain collection
It would also be great to get a new sink and I have been eyeing one below from Overstock.com
Maybe in a different post I'll tell about how ugly the bathroom was to begin with but for now I'll leave with these pleasant images.
Ticor Vessel Sink
Urban Outfitters wall hook
I have a set of these I bought for $4.00 each

No comments:

Post a Comment